The Guild is about a year-and-a-half old and we have grown faster than we could have imagined. Many of you know that we have been holding our monthly meetings at a few different places including Wyck Historic House, The Unitarian Church in Mt. Airy and the Francisville Rec Center. While all of these are great places and we are extremely thankful that they have extended us the privilege of meeting in their spaces, none of them really meet all of the long-term needs of the Guild.
So this is where you come in – if you know of a place where the Guild can meet once a month, send us an email about it and we will look into it as an option. The following is a “wish list” for the Guild’s ideal meeting place:
- A central location that is easily accessible to residents from all areas of the city (we have members from the Northwest to the Northeast, from West Philly to Center City to South Philly and everywhere in between!)
- A location where parking is easy
- A location that can comfortably fit 50 people
- A location that does not charge for the use of the space
- A location that is available on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 7-9:00 pm
- A location where we can keep a few hives!
Now there is probably some flexibility with these criteria, but these describe the ideal place. Send us your ideas – no idea is too crazy! Thanks for your help!