The organizing team behind the Philadelphia Honey Festival is searching for a creative and motivated person to assist in developing a marketing campaign for this year's festival, which will take place the weekend of September 7-9. Bartram's Garden, the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild, the Wagner Free Institute of Science, and Wyck Historic House & Garden are the core collaborators. Last year's event attracted close to 1,000 people who enjoyed a variety of activities designed to highlight the importance (and sweet rewards!) of bees and beekeeping in Philadelphia.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship. Please send two writing samples with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2012.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week, June through mid-September. Hours will fluctuate; busiest time will be directly leading up to festival. Most of the work can be done remotely on a flexible basis, but attendance at several team planning meetings and a post-festival wrap-up meeting will be required.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive marketing plan
- Assist in the design/layout of print materials
- Create media alerts and festival press releases
- Assist in maintenance of the festival’s wordpress website
- Generate social media content & assist in online marketing campaigns
- Incorporate team changes in a timely manner
- Document festival through photography and possibly video
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Collaborative team player
- Basic understanding of marketing and communications
- Basic understanding of design software and social media
- Experience updating websites and writing media alerts and press releases
- Excellent organization and communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Availability for weekend work during the Festival