- Monthly meetings on the third Thursday of most months. Meetings can feature speakers or discussion of seasonally relevant beekeeping topics. Meetings are also open to non-members at no charge.
- Raffles, prizes and give-aways. The Guild tries to offer a small item of beekeeping interest to members at each meeting. Many of these items are donated by companies or organizations. If you would like to contribute a raffle item to promote your company contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honey Extractor Access - the Guild owns a motorized honey extractor and makes it available to members at a discounted rate.
- Observation Hive to Borrow - the Guild owns a two-frame observation hive that's perfect for transporting your bees on short outing such as educational programs you may wish to present to local schools, scouts or other organizations. Just add bees!
- Discounted events and workshops - From time to time the Guild offers workshops and events related to beekeeping outside of the regular monthly meetings. These events are offered at a discount or at no charge to members.
- Vendor opportunities - Guild members who have honey and hive products to sell are offered free or discount vendor space at our annual beekeeping symposium and honey festival.
- Group woodenware purchase - the Guild organizes a group woodenware purchase every year. By pooling our purchasing power we get our equipment at a very good price and beginning beekeepers are offered guidance and support.
- Anything Else? We're always looking for new ways to benefit members and the larger beekeeping and non-beekeeping community. If you have any ideas or requests let us know.
If you don't like all this new-fangled Paypal stuff you can send a check to:
Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
attn. Anna Herman
151 Carpenter lane
Phila PA 19119
Please don't send cash, please do include your e-mail address as we generally use e-mail and this web site for all Guild communications.
We also encourage all of our members to join the Pennsylvania State Beekeepers Association. You can learn about PSBA membership here and you can download the membership form here. Please support the important work that PSBA does for beekeepers in our state.