Beginning in 2014 memberships are now on a calendar year cycle. Join or renew now for 2014! (If you last sent in dues July 1, 2013 or later and would like to prorate your dues for this transition year, please contact us.)
Membership-related questions may be directed to email@example.com.
If you don't like all this new-fangled Paypal stuff you can mail a check to:
Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
attn. Membership Coordinator
P.O. Box 43362
Philadelphia, PA 19129
|Please don't send cash, and please do include your e-mail address as we generally use e-mail and this web site for all Guild communications.|
We also encourage all of our members to join the Pennsylvania State Beekeepers Association. You can learn about PSBA membership here. Please support the important work that PSBA does for beekeepers in our state.
Benefits of PBG membership include
- Monthly meetings on the third Thursday of most months. Meetings can feature speakers or discussion of seasonally relevant beekeeping topics. Meetings are also open to non-members at no charge.
- Discounted events and workshops - From time to time the Guild offers workshops and events related to beekeeping outside of the regular monthly meetings. These events are offered at a discount or at no charge to members.
- Honey Extractor Access - the Guild owns a motorized honey extractor and makes it available to members at a discounted rate.
- Observation Hive to Borrow - the Guild owns a two-frame observation hive that's perfect for transporting your bees on short outing such as educational programs you may wish to present to local schools, scouts or other organizations. Just add bees!
- Vendor opportunities - Guild members who have honey and hive products to sell are offered free or discount vendor space at our annual beekeeping symposium and honey festival.
- Anything Else? We're always looking for new ways to benefit members and the larger beekeeping and non-beekeeping community. If you have any ideas or requests let us know.