If you are offering packages, nucs, or queens this year and you would like to be included on this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few folks who are selling bees locally for 2013:
- Spring Packages - Available for Pickup Saturday, March 30* or Saturday, April 20*, 2013 (* Actual date depends on weather.) Order your packages now for pickup March 30* or April 20*. At 2:00 P.M. on the day of pickup, see a demonstration on installing package bees. Conveniently located in the exact center of Montgomery County near Valley Forge, Norristown, and Lansdale turnpike exits. Package includes 3-pound workers with Italian queen. For questions, ordering information, or status of bee deliveries, see www.pabeekeeper.com. Email: email@example.com Worcester Honey Farms, 2011 Shearer Road, Lansdale, PA 19446 Phone: 610-584-6778
- Spring Packages and PA-raised Nucs available from Bjorn Apiaries. Package pick-up is April 7-8, 2013. Contact Mike Thomas and see their website for more details. Beekeeping classes also offered. It is approximately a 2 hour drive from Philadelphia. - SOLD OUT OF NUCS FOR 2013
- Warren Graham: Nucs and queens from local Northern Survivor Stock ($125), Queens ($25). Call Warren at 610-565-2032
- Dan Borkoski: Queens produced from VSH/Carniolan stock mated with local survivors - $25 with pickup in Kennett Square. Five-frame nucs are also seasonally available in deeps and mediums. Dan Borkoski may be reached at 443-854-6533 or SunBearApiary@gmail.com
- Pete Bell: New Castle, DE selling 5-frame nucs and queens bred in Delaware. Available late spring/early summer but reserve now. 443-350-6926.
- Don Carns: Millersburg, PA selling 5-frame nucs and queens bred in upstate Pennsylvania. Available late spring/early summer but reserve now. Must specify deep or medium frames; must bring your own box to carry them home. 717-692-4468.
- Vincent Aloyo: Blue Bell, PA selling 5-frame medium nucs. Carniolan/hybrid queen from Koehnon & Sons. Expected availability: first weekend of May 2013. $125 + $6 deposit on white corrugated nuc box. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
Small Cell Bees
- If you are interested in purchasing small-cell bees, you may contact the Seaborns of Wolf Creek Apiaries in Tennessee. They sell and ship both packages and nucs. More information can be found at: http://www.wolfcreekbees.com
- If you'd like more general information on small-cell or natural-cell bees, look here.
- Jeff Eckel is selling Philadelphia-raised queens bred from cold-hardy overwintered survivor stock. Contact him at email@example.com or 215-350-7846 for availability and pricing.
- For more on queens click here.
Please note: The Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild does not make any endorsements and is not responsible for any part of your transaction with the vendor. Listings are here for your convenience. Do your homework and let the buyer beware.
Check out Forest Hill Woodworking; Isaac Zook is the owner and craftsman. It is an easy drive to Lancaster Co. to pick up your order or he will ship it. Price list is below. Be sure to call your order in a few days ahead of the day you want to pick it up. "Ike" will have it all ready for you, if you do so.
The ThomasHybridHive is standardized and the TH2 TopBARS(TM) allow for current Langstroth hive keepers to transition honeybees and honey back in forth from Thomas Hybrid Hive (TM) back into a Langstroth hive.
Thomas Hybrid Hive is used by Baltimore Honey in educational settings. Great educational hive for school or garden sittings.
The Thomas Hybrid Hive is the exclusive hive at the Rodale Institute Honeybee Conservancy Hive Hosting Program.